The New India Assurance Health Mediclaim
The requested URL /web/20100706201350if_/http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js was not found on this server.
New India Assurance is a non-life insurance company which was established in 1919 and now holds a strong position in India and overseas. It became an exclusive general insurance company in 1956. New India Assurance is one of the leading insurance companies which have made its presence felt in Asia and Africa. It is the first wholly owned Insurance company in India.
They offer a range of health insurance policies to individuals, spanning across all sections of society.
- Mediclaim policy- It covers outpatient, pre and post hospitalization, day care treatment expenses. Ayurvedic, unani and homeopathic medicines are also covered to the extent of 25 % of the SI. The policy is available to individuals form 18 years to 60 years. Children between 3 months and 18 years of age can be covered in the policy if parents are covered under the policy.
- Jan Arogya Bima policy- this is the policy for poorer sections of the society. Individuals between 5 to 70 years are eligible for this policy.
- Bhavishya Arogya- Any individual from 3 years to 50 years is eligible for this policy. it takes care of medical expenses in old age. Policy provides insurance cover for hospitalization and domiciliary hospitalization. The insurer selects the retirement age for the commencement benefits.
- Janata personal accident policy- the policy compensation in case of death or permanent disablement or loss of limbs and sight. The sum assured limit starts from Rs. 25000 to Rs. 1, 00, 000.
- Senior citizen’s mediclaim policy- This allows any individual between 5 to 80 years to be insured. It provides for cashless hospitalization in hospitals in India in case of any illness or injury experienced during the policy period.
- Universal health insurance scheme- The policy covers hospitalization expenses up to 30, 000 to an individual or family. Cost of blood, medicines, drugs, anesthetist fee, surgeon’s fee are all included in the cover.
NIA was the first completely Indian – owned non- life insurance company. Over the years they have built a reputation for themselves. All the legitimate claims are processed quickly.
Third party Administrator (TPA) services-
New India Assurance has tie ups with a number of TPAs. Paramount Health services Ltd., Medi Assist India Pvt. Ltd., TTK healthcare services Pvt. Ltd., Raksha TPA Pvt. Ltd., Medicare TPA Pvt. Ltd. are the TPAs which assist New India Assurance.